Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AGP Cafe - possible without reservations?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sjbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all,
    My daughter and I are going to AGP (Chicago) in May with a church bus trip. Last year I went with my other daughter, and called 3 months ahead as I was told that we really needed reservations for the cafe. I wanted lunch but they only had tea available; okay, we took that. I really would rather do lunch this time because the lunch menu looked more kid-friendly to me (at least I think MY kid would like it more!). My question is, have you had success NOT reserving ahead and just getting in the day you went? I know a few people from our group did that last year, but I'm wondering if that happens regularly or was just a fluke.

    Thanks!!
    Susan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really would say make the reservations. we have gotten into The Cafe in NY with/out reservations, but that was for dinner and during the transit strike. They said it is possible, but usually there is a long waiting list.

    This past Thanksgiving we went with a bunch of people and had reservations for 18 - Two people couldn't come and I saw a Dad and his little girl trying to get in. We let them come in on our reservation. It was VERY Cute

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year, DH and I got in at lunch without a reservation; but it was on a Thursday, and not crowded at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ZSRMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know when I called for reservations at AGC, they were booked for lunch and dinner on the day we wanted. I took a tea reservation even though it was DDs least favorite menu. I kept calling back before our trip and ended up getting a dinner reservation when someone else cancelled. You might want to try that.

    The CS person also told me that on the day of our reservation we could show up for lunch without reservations and then if they couldn't fit us in we would still do the tea. If we did get in, we could just cancel the tea reservation at the desk.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You don't have to make reservations. I have gotten into the AGPNY Cafe several times without having reservations. You just go to the desk area by the Cafe and ask if you can have your name added to the wait list for whatever it is that you want to go to (Lunch, Tea, Dinner, etc.) and if you are one of the first ten people on the list, you usually get in. You are told to come about 15 minutes after the event starts though, so they can give the customers with reservations a chance to show up before letting people on the waiting list in.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 26, 2006 12:04 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic91 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sjbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys! I called to make reservations, but as I feared all the lunches were sold out. So, I reserved for tea and will try to get lunch thru the wait list once we arrive. Either way, just visiting the cafe is an experience my DD will love! Now, she has to decide which doll she really wants ... she keeps alternating between Josephina, Kaya and Kirsten. Decisions, decisions [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Susan

    Caroline (9) has Samantha
    Isabel (7) has ... TBD
    Sophie (5) has Bitty [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •